Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This is not the first day I envisioned.

Dear TFA,

your (what I now realize was) cushy TFA-run summer schools at institute did not prepare me for the madness that is Glen Oaks High School.

By the way, I start teaching tomorrow and...
a) East Baton Rouge school board still doesn't know I work for them; consequently I'm not in the system and have access to NOTHING
b) I have no idea how much students are in my class. Oh, but neither does the rest of the school so it's okay.

I could go on, but alas, I have an undetermined number of 8th graders coming to my room tomorrow expecting me to teach them something, so I should probably go finalize what that something is.

P.S. - I also assume the administration won't be standing outside with motivational/ pump-up music to cheer us on as we begin the first day of teaching, like they were this summer? Yeah, I guess not.

No comments:

Post a Comment