Sunday, August 28, 2011

Maybe this week will be it

Why did I decide to work with kids? Germs tend to stick to them like tongues stick to metal poles in the winter. And the worst part - THEY'RE NEVER THE ONES TO GET SICK. They just carry those germs around wherever they go, plotting the next teacher they're going to infect. Last week it was me. So it's not only another week of filling time before I can start Read 180, I have to do that with an awful head cold, too. And I guarantee they'll just sit in the back snickering, elated their evil plan to give me their sticky germs worked...

Ok, so I don't actually think they did this intentionally, but I am bitter because I know some of them had been especially sniffly last week. However, I met with my MTLD (manager of teacher & leadership development - yes, TFA has gotten out of control with their acronyms) this afternoon and we came up with a pretty good plan of action for a week of content-related and productive stalling time. Pair that with a re-vamped positive behavior reward system, I think I'm ready to show those snot-nosed children what I've got.

1 comment:

  1. When my mom started teaching, she used to gargle with Listerine every night. She said when she stopped, she would get sick. Might be worth a shot!

    You're doing a great job. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete