Monday, October 3, 2011

If it looks like I'm avoiding writing about my classroom, you're entirely correct.

A side not about my wal-mart trip: in some strange way I miss that no matter what wal-mart in the area I went to at SFU - Ebensburg, Altoona or even Johnstown - you ALWAYS saw someone from school. Completely regardless of the time. Yes, even at 2 am. On a Wednesday.

Tonight, Wal-Mart brought a little SFU/Wal-Marty-style joy into my life. I found myself in line behind the literacy coach from my school, who I frequently talk to because we are in the same line of work. Turns out, our cashier graduated from Glen Oaks a few years ago. As we were chatting about the school now, I saw my MTLD whom I had just come from a meeting with, less than an hour before. And unlike western PA, this city has WAY more than one Wal-Mart, so it's not unlikely I can make a full shopping trip without seeing anyone I've ever seen before in my life. So thank you Wal-Mart, through your capitalist thievery and small business sucking goals, you brought a little smile to my life tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment