Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Still alive and kicking-ish

Right now I'm looking out at a class of silent, mainly on-task students. I have a few sleeping in the back, but awake they would be nothing but trouble, so I'm not complaining. (Note: whenever my students go to sleep it usually comes after complaints that it is too cold in the room, which makes them sleepy. I have never heard of such a thing - going to sleep because it's too cold. Warm is supposed to make you sleepy. It's a strange phenomenon going on in my class).

This week so far has been touch-and-go. I have a week-long assignment for them they seem to be getting into a little. It's just that I'm so out of ideas to stall time until I can actually start Read 180. Yes you heard it, I still haven't started. I'm not really going to talk about it because I am beyond frustration and literally no longer have any words for it.

I had a wonderful weekend in New Orleans. I, of course, immensly enjoy the company I go there for, but I really realized how much I love that city. It has everything wonderful that I love about a city. I always long to get back there at the end of every week.

There really hasn't been anything new going on in the wonderful world of Glen Oaks. I do love my LPTP classes on Monday nights. It gives me a little dose of being a student that I miss so much. Other than that, I still have a dripping AC (at least my floor is dry now), students in my class that shouldn't be there, and only half working computers. Such is the life here, i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment