Friday, April 27, 2012

Grading

1. I'm not really sure how it took me this long in the year to relize the importance of writing rubrics (not for my students - I already knew it was important for them). It makes grading SO MUCH QUICKER. I am breezing through these tests when I have everything set up before. 2. Like noted above, I am currently grading these tests from the workshop we just finished, and I am so impressed at how much better my students' writing has gotten. For one, when the questions asks for a certain number of sentences, they give them to me. And complete ones at that! They are pulling information from the text to support their answer, too. It only took a whole year, but my 8th graders can now answer constructed response questions with success!

No comments:

Post a Comment