Monday, December 12, 2011

Yeah, I miss this

I'm teaching the theme, for the story we're currently reading, 'you don't know what you have until it's gone.'

Let me make a text-to-self connection:
I MISS FINALS WEEK!! Yes, I miss working at the library until 3am, and walking home in the freezing cold. I miss staying up all night, cramming in everything at the last minute - 10+ page papers, etc. DONUT HEAVEN, late nights with my sisters, delirious lack-of-sleep-induced conversations (writing a paper about the Kosovo war - "ooh! I think I'm going to add the Beach Boys song in here. you know the one? 'Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya... down to Kosovo...' Wait, that's totally not it, is it?"), did I mention late nights at the library, the looks of understanding between two people who have been up for 24+ hours straight walking into an 8am final, and the sharing the sheet enjoyment of finally being DONE.

Most of all, I miss all those people to whom this post will only make any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment