Thursday, December 1, 2011

Snow lies

This is how ridiculous my students are:

They wanted to listen to this song that I'm saving for my lesson on theme on Monday. I told them no, I'm saving it for Monday, you can hear it then. One of my students then said to me with as much attitude she could muster, 'we're not even going to be here Monday because it's going to snow and they'll shut school down.' Although I know how ridiculous this statement is, I humored her saying, 'Ok, we'll listen to it on Tuesday then.' To which she replied, 'we're not going to be here Tuesday either because school will still be closed because of snow.' Regardless of what I said about the weather forecast, she was obnoxiously insistent that it was going to rain on Sunday (which is true) and turn into snow Monday night.

By the way, the high for Monday: 68. The low? 42. 10 degrees above freezing.

Sometimes my students seriously make me want to pull my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment