Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A few highs, and one low

Some fantastic things about yesterday and today:
+ SLA IS HERE. I love my regional staff and it feels like some sort of family week at summer camp with them coming to visit us this week. It's just wonderful to see familiar faces on campus and in my school.

+ I GOT MY PACKAGE. It was only two weeks late and the packaging was a bit worse for the wear, but it was worth the wait. And I guess now I only have half of institute left, so I think it'll keep me going.

+My students all passed their end of lesson assessment today! This is the first time this has happened in my class all of institute. Not only are my students learning, I think they're starting to make the connection that when they act right, they can learn, and when they don't act right, they don't learn. Let's at least hope they're making that connection. We'll see tomorrow. Maintaining high expectations, though, I know they can do it!

+Happy 25th anniversary to my parents! The big 2-5, as my mom said, they've gone 25 years without killing each other :P

- It's 9:30 and I'm not yet half way done with my lesson plan for tomorrow. However, I guess on the plus side, this is the only night thus far I've not been hyper-productive since the moment I step off that bus. And I still think I'm going to be in bed before at least of the CMs here at institute.

Tomorrow's the half way mark! I cannot even believe it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment